The CSSS de Laval Users' Committee was created in Fall 2006 according to the Government bill 83. This law project is bringing services closer to the general public and making it easier for people to move through the health and social services network.
The mandate of the users' committee is to safeguard the rights of users. The committee must see to it that the dignity of users is respected and that their rights and freedoms are recognized. The committee is one of the key spokespersons for users when dealing with an institution's authorities.
Enforcement of user rights, service quality and client satisfaction are the cornerstones of the committees' actions. The users'committee must pay particular attention to the most vulnerable clienteles and work to promote improved living conditions for in-patients
- To inform users of their rights and obligations.
- To foster the improvement of the quality of the living conditions of users and assess the degree of satisfaction of users with regard to the services obtained from the institution.
- To defend the common rights and interests of users or, at the request of a user, his or her rights and interests as a user before the institution or any competent authority.
- To accompany and assist a user, on request, in any action he or she undertakes, including the filing of a complaint in accordance with Divisions I, II and III of Chapter III of Title II of this Act or the Act respecting the Health and Social Services Ombudsman (chapter P-31.1).
- To ensure the proper operation of each of the in-patients' committees, if applicable and see that they have the resources necessary to exercise their functions.
- To ensure the effectiveness of measures introduced under the provisions of Article 209.0.1 (LSSSS) if applicable
Source : Reference Framework for Exercising the Functions Assumed by Members of User's Committees and In-Patients' Committees, Direction des communications du ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, 2006 and the web site of Regroupement provincial des comités des usagers